Wednesday 18 June 2008

A Strange incident

This weekend i went down south . Down South here in Europe generally means just about a 2 hour train ride:).Strange ehh but what to do the whole of western Europe is not even the size of USWell i had to scan my ticket in the barrier and I got to the platform just in time .Yes, i follow JIT(just in time production policy).When i was in the train it said this is the direct service to XXXXXXXX so some rail cards may not be valid blah blah ...... So i got out of the train to confirm if my card was valid and got back in .This time just as i was boarding my carriage my ticket dropped and fell down the track ,I realised the ticket had slipped out and turned back just then the doors slammed shut.I desperately try to open the door but no vain the door was shut and the train started to move .TO the people looking at me at the platform i must have looked like me guy struggling and dying in a Gas chamber unable to open the glass doors hehehehehe.Came back to my seat dejected and depressed thinking about the cost of an open ticket it is damn expensive and my discounted railway card had dropped off tooo !!!It was not looking good, a girl seeing me struggling suggested that i go speak to the train manager which i did.Voila, she said that she did hear about it over the wireless but was unable to open the door as it was already time .But said that if my tickets were to be found in the platform i wouldn't be charged and Bonus my tickets would arrive to my station in the next train,Within an hour they confirmed that my tickets were found can be collected if i wait at my destination station for 45 Min's ahhhhhhhWhat a relief .Strange what a simple piece of news can make a big difference to ur mood . Until they found my tickets i was sad and cursing myself as to how foolish i was but after that i was happy to spend my money on drinks , food what ever and had a rocking weekend!!

No comments: